Saturday, September 24, 2011

Trollhunter (2010)







Director: André Øvredal
Writers: André Øvredal, Håvard S. Johansen
Stars: Otto Jespersen, Robert Stoltenberg and Knut Nærum
Rating: 9/10


When I first heard about Trollhunter I didn’t quite know what to think. After seeing the trailer and reading a little more about the plot I became a bit more interested. Now that I’ve seen Trollhunter I have recommended it to everyone. Trollhunter is a Norwegian horror/fantasy mockumentary that is fresh, interesting and extremely fun. With only 1 other film under his belt, writer-director André Øvredal showcases his ability to capture an audience.

Mysterious bear killings are happening all over Norway so a documentary film crew decides they are going to shoot an investigative piece. The crew quickly realizes that there are much more dangerous and bizarre things happening then they initially thought. As they start to follow a strange hunter they learn that he is not hunting bears, he in fact is hunting trolls. All hell breaks loose and the crew manages to capture every moment of it on film.

Trollhunter is a blast! I’m very picky about movies that use the shaky handheld camera cinematography, but I can honestly say that I enjoyed the way it was used in this film. Everything about Trollhunter is great, from the acting to the scenery to the use of lighting in the darker scenes. Not one detail was overlooked in the making of this movie. Do yourself a favor, go get some popcorn, find a copy of Trollhunter, sit back and enjoy yourself. This movie rules.





No comments:

Post a Comment